Wednesday 7 March 2018

Skiing

Back to the stash-busting challenges from Lottie Loves Paper now; they closed at the end of February and I've posted all my pages in their Facebook group, but I still have a couple to share here. One of the challenges was to use three or more washi tapes on a page, and I spotted the perfect sketch for this, shared in another Facebook group, and traced it back to the Sketch Savvy blog. 

I had a random 4x6 photo on my desk, one that my cousin had sent me from their skiing holiday, and I decided to use it and give it a home in my album before it got lost or damaged. I picked a snowflake patterned paper for my background and looked through my washi tape collection to pick out a few. I clearly favour aqua over any other colour and so pulled out ten different patterns to use.



I mixed labels in with the washi strips in the column on the left and layered my photo on a few 6x6 papers. With so many patterns already on the page, I kept the embellishment simple - snowflake brads, blue pearls and word stickers.

Supplies
Paper - Carta Bella Warm & Cozy, My Mind's Eye
Letters - American Crafts
Labels - Elle's Studio
Stickers - Authentique, Anita's Glitterations
Brads - Unknown
Washi Tapes - Various including Dovecraft, Primark, Trimcraft, The Range
Pearls - Craft for Occasions
Ink - Ranger

1 comment:

  1. I like your background paper & the blue washi tape strips beside the photo really draw the eye to the photo.

    ReplyDelete