Monday 5 March 2018

parkrun - February

At the end of January, I shared the first few pages of my parkrun album with you, and I plan to do the same each month. parkrun organise a network of 5km events in local parks across the country every week, open to all whatever your level of fitness. I joined up at the start of the year as a means to get some regular exercise into my mostly sedentary life, and did all four runs that month.

During February, I've carried on doing parkrun each week, and have moved from walking it all to a mixture of walking and running, knocking five minutes off my time. I'm scrapbooking it all too, in a simple 8x8 album cum journal:

I'd already started this page with the last run of January on the left; the first run of February sits comfortably alongside.



I scrapped the next two runs as a pair, but separated the journalling into two distinct sections with washi tape. 


My final page has something a bit different; it's a normal parkrun (24 Feb) on the left, but the event was cancelled last Saturday due to the extreme weather conditions. By Sunday however, the snow and ice had mostly thawed and I decided to do my own 5km route to replace it. I don't think that I will record every extra run that I do (assuming that there are any others) but this was a direct replacement for Saturday's run and a chance to explain why it was missing. The photo is of the only bit of my route that was still snowy, a shady path in one of our gorges.


That takes me to yesterday, I've done a walk/run every weekend and I am completely up to date with the album. See you again next month with my March pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment