Friday 6 October 2017

Amateur Photobomber

I love the start of a new album. I have lots of photos to scrapbook, and I'm not working in chronological order, so I can just pick and choose my pictures to suit any sketch challenge that takes my fancy. 

First up this month is one from Let's Get Sketchy, which I paired with a photo of our daughter, taken in Greenland. She was trying to photobomb me by jumping up into the bottom of the shot, but the result was a natural photo of her, probably better than one I'd have got if I asked her to pose for me.

I'm also linking up with the tic-tac-toe challenge at Scrap Our Stash where I've picked the bottom row - mini alphas, American Crafts (the larger letters) and die-cuts (both bought and cut by me).

I'm doing all of this album on kraft cardstock, so I need to brighten up the pages with lots of patterned paper. Hence I started this page by adding the large piece of spotty paper behind the main sketch elements. If I'd had a 'prettier' background then I'd have left it on show.




I extended the design to the right with a journalling box, and added an extra paper strip to act as a 'shelf' for the photo and journalling. No hot air balloons on this trip, but I've used them on the page anyway as they say 'carefree' to me and fitted the feel of the page. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Echo Park Dots & Stripes Travel, Simple Stories, Pink Paislee
Letters - American Crafts, KaiserCraft
Balloon Sticker & Die-Cut - Photo Play Boarding Pass
Washi Tape - The Range
Word Stickers - Tim Holtz
Puffy Stickers - American Crafts/Shimelle, Jillibean Soup
Enamel Dots/Stars - American Crafts/Shimelle, Simple Stories
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot
X-Cut Travel Dies
X-Cut Camera Die

19 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the sketch and perfectly embellished...love her grin! Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely neutral colours that compliments your photo,thanks for joining LGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kraft paper looks excellent with the blue, it pops nicely. Thanks for joining in with us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab! Love your paper choices and colours, and the little row of embellishments on the side! Thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty page.Love the details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash! Happy Scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the kraft cardstock and the bright coloured papers - fab layout! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That colour combination looks great! Kraft is so versatile :)Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color combo and take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch :-) Thanks for playing with us at LGS!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on the sketch and your photo is lovely. Thanks for joining in with us over at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful take on the challenge, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your embellishments are the cutest! Great take on the tic tac toe challenge! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    Carrie, DT
    dearzae.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Thanks for joining LGS:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun page! Love how you incorporated the tic-tac-toe challenge. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout, live your take on the Tic Tac Toe challenge! Glad you did join us at Scrap Our Stash this month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun page! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great color combo. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at LGS!!!

    ReplyDelete